NOTE: Please be advised that due to the late date of the passing of the tax reform bill, the 2017 tax year instructions and forms are not available yet. Although the tax reforms do not take place until the 2018 filing year, there are some provisions of the bill that have an immediate impact. Specifically, the IRS is now instructed to open for online tax returns no earlier than January 23 and hold all refunds claiming certain child care provisions until at least February 15 each year. Online filing will be made available on January 29. In addition, until each year's tax bill is passed, the IRS is unsure if there will be changes made to the current year and they do not produce or print the forms until the bill is signed into law. Because of this, the forms and instructions are not yet available in either paper or electronic form. The IRS website still lists the 2016 forms as the current year. As of now, the only items that the IRS is shipping are the small handouts instructing patrons on how to find forms online.
Tax Help Page
- Tax Assistance at Mercer County Library Branches
- IRS Tax Forms
- New Jersey Tax Forms
- New York State Tax Forms for Non-Residents
- Pennsylvania State Tax Forms
- Tax forms for other states
- Free Tax Preparation Services for Taxpayers
- Other Tax links
- Important: The IRS has sent notification that cuts to their budget have forced them to end the tax form distribution program. More ...
- You may obtain forms by calling the IRS help line at 1-800-829-3676 or visiting the IRS website at www.irs.gov
- Tax Help from the IRS (An online form and an 800 number to call with more complex questions.)
New Jersey Forms
- Libraries will not be sent paper forms.
- Forms can be downloaded from the State’s Taxation Division website: www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/forms.shtml
- To Have New Jersey Tax Forms Mailed Call 1-609-826-4400 or 1-800-323-4400.
- Contacting the NJ Division of Taxation.
- Where to mail your return.
- Or pick-up forms in person at one of the Mercer County Regional Service Centers:
50 Barrack Street, 1st Floor Lobby
Trenton NJ 08695
Lawrence will once again have the AARP on Thursdays beginning on February 1st and ending April 12th.
Appointments are scheduled at 11, 12, 1, and 2 pm. in person or phone (609-989-6920 or 609-882-9246)
We will begin accepting appointments on Monday, January 15th.
Ewing will be offering tax assistance on Wednesdays and Saturdays beginning February 3rd by appointment only.
Call the Reference Desk at 609-882-3148 beginning January 16 for an appointment.
Hickory Corner Branch
HC will be have tax preparation assistance on:
Patrons must call 609-448-0957 for an appointment starting 1/16/18
Hightstown Memorial Branch
Tax preparation by VITA volunteers from 9:30-2:30 on the following days:
By appointment only. Please call 609-448-1474 starting January 22 to make an appointment.
AARP will be offering tax help at the Hopewell Branch.
Appointments are available Tuesdays, February 6 - April 17. Times are 10:00am, 11:00am, 12:00pm and 1:00pm.
Please call the branch at 609-737-2610 to make an appointment.
Volunteers from AARP will be in the library to help you fill out your basic tax forms.
9:30am - 12:30pm
February 7, 14, 21, 28
March 7, 14, 21, 28
April 4 and 11
Please bring last year’s completed tax forms.
If you are covered by health insurance under the Affordable Care Act, you must bring a completed Form 1095-A
Appointments are required. Please call 609-259-2150 or register at the circulation desk.
Twin Rivers Branch
Twin Rivers will be offering tax help on the following days:
Friday, February 16 from 9:30 - 2:30
Friday, March 9 from 9:30 - 2:30
Saturday, April 14 from 9:30 - 2:30
Appointments are required. Call 609-443-1880 to sign up.
The program is open to households making less than $65,000.