Community Room Policy
Please be aware that your Meeting Room Reservation is
only a request to
reserve a room. It is not an online reservation system. After submitting a
request form (which you must print out and submit to the Branch,
either in person,
by mail or by fax), you must receive
verbal or emailed confirmation from the
branch indicating that the room you have requested has been reserved for
your group. Without a verbal or emailed confirmation you should not assume
that this request has been approved and that the room has been reserved.
The Mercer County Library System provides community rooms for the use of
eligible groups to hold meetings for the purpose of conducting business or
otherwise serving their membership. The use of these rooms is considered a
public service, and as such are subject to the following rules and
ELIGIBILITY FOR USE
The community rooms of the Mercer County Library System are available
without charge, to civic associations, study, recreational, social,
cultural, or other nonprofit community groups. Priority will be given to
library sponsored programs, organizations must not be in violation of any
Federal, State or local law. (See
Community Room Registration Form).
1. RESPONSIBILITIES OF USERS
Supervision of Children:
- Meetings that are primarily for children must include at least one
responsible adult for every 15 children in attendance. Reservation for
the room must be done by an adult.
Promotion and Advertisement:
- Any advertisement must be reviewed by the Branch Manager or designee
- Promotional material must state that permission to use the community
rooms does not imply library sponsorship or endorsement of any group or
Condition of the Room:
- The authorized representative is responsible for the condition of
the community room. It should be left clean, neat, chairs replaced on
racks, lights off and doors locked if so directed.
- Scheduling will be arranged with the Branch manager or designee by
an authorized representative of the organization. The representative is
required to complete a registration form and sign a statement of
- Access to the community room is not available prior to opening of
the building in the morning.
- Simple refreshments may be served in the outside community rooms
- The library is not able to store or provide supplies for any group.
- The library is not responsible for loss or damage to any group’s
property or injury to any person occurring during use of the community
room. Damage to library property is the responsibility of the authorized
3. PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES
- Fund-raising projects (non-library sponsored) and commercial profit
making ventures may not be conducted.
- Private parties (birthdays, showers) are also examples of activities
that are not eligible for community room use.
- Fees may not be charged. Meetings must be free and open to the
- Contributions may not be solicited.
- Alcoholic beverages or drugs are not permitted
- Activities that disturb other library patrons will not be tolerated
and will result in termination of the meeting by the Branch Manager.
- Refreshments may not be served in the inside community rooms.
4. DENIAL OF FUTURE USE
- Failure to comply with any of the conditions stated above will
result in the denial of future use of the community rooms.
- Failure to show up for consecutive scheduled meetings will result in
denial of future use.
Simple refreshments is defined as beverages and snacks. Cooking
facilities are not available.
Inside community rooms are those rooms adjacent to the collection,
or that do not have an exit available.
Outside community rooms are not adjacent to the collection, and
have an exit available.